Tuesday 9 December 2008

Time's a ticking!


London


Even changing one little colour on the forum takes me all morning. I'm not sure whether I'm ever going to get this just the way I want it.

The thing is, you go onto the internet, do a search via Google, check into the BBC, look at the news, find out what the weather is going to do, watch something on iplayer, without realising that the world - make that the cyberworld is moving forwards at a tremendously rapid rate.


You can't just put some HTML together any more, and proudly display your efforts. There's XML, JS, CGI, Perl, (I'm sure some of these are ancient in computer terms, but I've only just discovered that they exist). How do you handle forms? How do you design your CSS? Do you design CSS or do you implement it? I'm not sure! Then there's all the social stuff! Do we have to be constantly so social with each other? How annoying would it be if the person next to you constantly told you what they were feeling and thinking?

So it's all moved on, but the trouble is, I've just arrived. Suddenly I'm back on the school hockey pitch running after Monica Wharton. Luckily, at some point all the girls would stop running one way and turn back and start to run back towards me, at which point I'd realise they'd just gone by, stop in my tracks and go back the way I'd come.

I don't think that's going to happen here somehow. WWW is bigger than a hockey pitch!

www.e-DUDS.com

0 comments: